Valerie Campbell Article: Keeping Mum

http://www.condenast.co.uk/dcontent/images/vogue_2000/daily_updates/daily_images/s_u/vcampbell01_REXB.jpg

WITH another period of community service for assault charges hanging over her it's fair to say Naomi Campbell has had a tumultuous few months, but there's one person she can always rely on to fight her corner for her: her mum, Valerie.

"I try to abide by rules and regulations. If you break the law then you must pay the penalty. And I think Naomi understands that very well herself," the 55-year-old told Sky News interviewer Daphne Barak when quizzed about her supermodel daughter. "I'm there for her and you know the community service, she'll have to do it, and I'm sure she'll do it with humility."

Valerie has always publicly credited Naomi for supporting her through breast cancer three years ago, and she insists the downtimes - as well as the ups - are what makes their relationship so solid.

"It's drawn us closer. I'm a mother first and foremost. And if one of my children does something wrong, I'm going to tell them. When something is wrong, you deal with it. You say, 'That's wrong' and we have to try and correct it," she added.

"You know what, sometimes I'll just wake up in the night and I think 'Where's my daughter?'. And I'll text her, 'Where are you, hope you're well and looking after yourself, love mum'."

Source: Vogue


Dont Miss:



Others Comments:

Valerie Campbell -- Wow...what a brave lady. I just noticed a promo in "Gente" (Italy's "People") about a brand new interview with Valerie Campbell (Mom of Naomi)... It seems that Valerie talked very frankly and personally about her battle with breast cancer...her surgery...her daughter. Everything. I think it takes guts for someone to speak so candidly and publicly about something as personal and difficult as breast cancer, and surgery, treatment, etc.
I also saw where Valerie said that she is focused on "living" with cancer. And I think that is the key - and the very element of bravery, survival, and hope and purpose for dealing with something so terrible --- to focus on "LIVING".
I applaud her for her outlook and her bravery to speak out.


I just want to say kudos and thank you to both Valerie Campbell and Daphne Barak.
It's far too rare that celebrities are interviewed for the subject of something important and inspiring - like the strength and struggle of fighting breast cancer. So thank you to Daphne for doing this interview!
And great thanks to Valerie for having the courage to speak so publicly about something so intensely personal.
My cousin has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and is really struggling. I hope that she will watch the interview when it airs...as I think she would be very inspired by Valerie's outlook and attitude. As we all should be!!!



You know...something else interesting about Valerie and Naomi...
I heard that Naomi has not been grateful to her Mom who raised her and helped her achieve such success.
I heard that Valerie is nice and gracious about this... but I do wonder what she has to say about Naomi's anger attacks, and her sentencing... as I know Valerie is not a supporter of Naomi's tantrums/outbursts/meltdowns.. .
Should be interesting to see what she shares about this...


Source: Topix


0 comments: